Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thing 8

I have explored the RSS. I am using the Google Reader. I added some fun sites
(gardening, crafts and decorating) and some practical sites. I need to learn about diabetes so I subscribed to a bundle related to that topic. I subscribed to several bundles and will need to go through them to see what sites are really of most interest to me. I also subscribed to a blog to to follow the tropical storm in the Gulf. I liked how there was such a variety of topics to follow and how easily they were to add to the reader. I am sure I could find things pertinent to the classroom even though I focused on fun things for the summer. I like how it would not clog my e-mail with things I am interested in following.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! I, too, have really enjoyed using Google Reader and RSS feeds, so that I can "catch up" on postings at my leisure without the searching thru e-mails. It's fun to "test drive" some feeds and delete if they do not meet your needs. I've enjoyed reading about your Things so far! Have fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been noticing that RSS button everywhere now it is tempting to just keep adding.

    ReplyDelete