Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thing 18

I explored Open Office on my teacher laptop. I did not realize it was already loaded on our computers. I spent more time exploring the Google Docs. I like that I sign in to my Google account rather than have to download the software. When I visit my parents, my father has different software so I am not always able to work on things I would like to from my flash drive. I imagine similar problems could occur with students and their home computers. Both of theses programs would let them have access to something they could use at home and school.
My home computer does not have Microsoft Publisher so I explored calendars in Google Docs. There were many options available for calendars. Another use that would be helpful for parent communications was being able to translate documents.

1 comment:

  1. I like your analysis of GoogleDocs. I plan on using it this year because you can link pdf and other documents from your blog for parents. Also it is good for collaborating on something. I'll have to look at the calendars.

    ReplyDelete